WHAT IS IT? The Model AD is an aeration pad or diffuser that is used to provide a means of introducing low pressure air into a dry bulk material that has become compacted due to settling. The air will help restore the material's natural ability to flow.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY? The Model AD aeration pad helps restore material flow without the sometimes damaging effects of vibration or more expensive and complicated flow systems. The pads use a minimum amount of air (typically 6.5 cfm at 3 psi).
|Model||Description||Net Weight Lbs.||
|AD-C||Zinc plated steel body with galvanized steel mesh and cotton diffuser. With brass nipple and lock nut, stainless steel spacer washers, and sealing gasket (rubber washer).||0.7||$|
|AD-F||Same as above but with fiberglass diffuser. Recommended when temperatures exceed 200°F (600°F max).||0.7||$|
|AD-SSC||Type 316 stainless steel body and mesh with cotton diffuser. With stainless steel spacer washers, nickel plated nipple and lock nut, and sealing gasket (rubber washer).||0.7||$|
|AD-SSF||Same as AD-SSC but with fiberglass diffuser. Recommended when temperatures exceed 200°F (600°F max).||0.7||$|
|AD-K||Optional mounting kit includes two positive rectangular sealing gaskets, adapter, and clamp. Use with any of the above aerators when mounting from outside the bin.||0.6||$|
|NOTE: Each air pad (aerator) typically measures 7-1/2" x 3-3/4" x 1/2".|
Note: Prices subject to change without notice.
- The standard material of construction includes a zinc plated steel body with galvanized steel mesh and a cotton diffuser.
- Standard units have a temperature rating of 200°F (93ºC).
- The high temperature version's materials of construction includes a zinc plated steel body with a galvanized steel mesh and a fiberglass diffuser.
- Fiberglass diffuser units have a temperature rating of 600°F (315ºC).
- The unit is mounted on the bin wall by drilling a 7/16" diameter hole to allow the pipe nipple to pass through. Tank nipple connection is 1/8" NPS.
- Optional "external mounting kits" install using a 2-5/8" x 6-3/8" cutout on the bin wall. The installer does not need to enter the bin or vessel.
- Both the cotton diffuser and fiberglass diffuser are available with 316 S.S. body and mesh.