WHAT IS IT? The Model BRC is a motorized brush style conveyor belt cleaner for use in a variety of heavy-duty applications. The BRC is a unique brush style belt cleaner in that it installs, adjusts, and maintains all from one side of the conveyor.
The Model BRC will work in wet or dry applications, as well as on a variety of organic materials and metal fines. The powered brush turns in the opposite direction of the belt in order to throw the dislodged material back into the discharge stream.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY? The Model BRC is a good choice for use as a standalone belt cleaner, and makes an excellent secondary belt cleaner when used behind one of our bladed primary cleaners in the more aggressive applications.
Made under US Patent No.: US 6,964,331
Model BRC Cantilever Brush Type Belt Cleaner includes:
Brush, motor, belt and belt guard, shaft, bearings, drive mechanism, etc.
Sample model is BRC(bristle diameter)(bristle material)(belt width), example BRC040N36.
Note: Prices subject to change without notice.
- The Model BR includes the brush, framework, mounting, tensioning adjustments, and drive mechanism.
- The bristle strip material is either nylon "N", polypropylene "P", or oil tempered wire "W". Other special materials available upon request.
- Nylon and polypropylene bristles are available in 0.040, 0.028, or 0.014 bristle diameters. Oil tempered wire is only available in 0.010 bristle diameter.
- The unit is mounted on the conveyor by a heavy duty mounting plate, and includes a unique ratchet style tensioner.
- The standard motor is 230/460 VAC, 60 Hz, 3 phase, reversible, 1150 rpm, TEFC.
- The unit is supplied with brush guide tubes to aid in the installation of the unit, and reduce the manpower required for installation.
- Brush should be adjusted with a "feather-touch" against the belt to allow it to "flick" material into the discharge.
- The operating temperature range is -40ºF to 180ºF (-40ºC to 82ºC) for the polymer bristles.
- Explosion proof motors are available upon request.
- The maximum brush width (conveyor belt width) for the Model BRC is 36".